Why become an driving instructor?
Every day is someone’s 17th Birthday, seven days a week, fifty two weeks a year. One of the most sought after birthday presents is a Driving Licence and with it the opportunity to enjoy the freedom of the road.
If you enjoy relating to and interacting with people and can be positive in all situations then you already have two of the key attributes required to become a Driving Instructor.
If you enjoy driving and meeting people, then becoming a Driving Instructor could be the perfect job for you:
• Enjoyable, rewarding Career
• Flexible hours fit around family and other commitments
• Work for yourself but not by yourself
• Earnings for a single lesson is £20.00 per hour
• Ideal for individuals looking for a new opportunity or to re-skill after redundancy, illness or leaving the Forces
The requirements are to become a approved driving instructor.
• You need to be over 21years of age
• You need to have held a full car driving licence for at least 3 years.
• You must be able to read a vehicle registration mark at a distance of 27.5m
• All convictions, motoring and non-motoring that are still in force will be taken into account when the DVSA assess your suitability to be entered onto the register of Approved Driving Instructors. You should not have 6 or more penalties on your driving licence.
You will need to get a criminal record check (CRB) for driving instructors.
After CRB check approved you will need to apply to the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) to start the qualifying process.
The training consists of a three part test which focuses on the abilities needed to become a Driving Instructor.
Our Driving Instructors Training Course Includes
• Part 1 – Theory and Hazard Perception Test
• Part 2 – Driving Ability Test
• Part 3 – Instructional Ability Test
FIRST 10 HOURS £200 (Manual)
Standard Rates Manual Lessons
Standard Rates Automatic Lessons
ADI Training / hour
Intensive courses from